To mark Clean Air Day, the APPG on Air Pollution is holding a virtual event with Environment Minister Jo Churchill MP on Thursday 16 June at 9-10am, to explore the impact of air pollution on cancer and lung, heart and brain health, and what can be done to protect patient and public health. It will be hosted by the APPG and supported by UK100 and environmental charity Global Action Plan.
Air pollution dirties every organ in our bodies. This event aims to explore the impact of air pollution on cancer and lung, heart and brain health, and what can be done to protect patient and public health.
– Geraint Davies MP, Chair of the APPG
– Professor Stephen Holgate, University of Southampton and UK Clean Air Champion
– Dr Mark Miller, University of Edinburgh
– Dr Emilia Liam, The Francis Crick Institute
– Dr Tom Russ, University of Edinburgh
– Larissa Lockwood, Global Action Plan
Specifically, this event seeks to:
– Broaden understanding that air pollution can affect the whole body, not just the lungs
– Engender a sense of urgency to act
– Give clear actions for the audience to act on air pollution to protect patient and public health
To RSVP, please register here. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.